Intensive Care Unit
The newly refurbished Intensive Care Unit at The Princess Grace Hospital is a nine bedded facility offering state of the art management for critically ill patients and post operative high dependency care. The unit is equipped to provide Level 2 and Level 3 support to patients, encompassing multi-organ support and including invasive and non-invasive ventilation and advanced cardiovascular monitoring.
In addition to the nine beds, the unit provides the following:
- An area for relatives
- Pendant systems that house all bedside equipment and reduce trailing wires in the bed areas
- “Smart Glass” that allows observation of patients but ensures privacy is maintained when required
- State-of-the-art bedside equipment which includes:
- The latest intensive care ventilators
- Haemodynamic monitoring
- Haemofiltration facilities
- Blood gas analysis and TEG available
The Intensive Care Unit is led by a group of dedicated and experienced Critical Care consultants. The medical team of two lead consultants and five additional consultants provides 24 hour cover and supervision of a rota of resident senior fellows. A team of specialist intensive care nurses provides 1:1 care and is supported by a multi-disciplinary team of additional healthcare professionals for optimal patient management, capable of delivering some of the most complex medical interventions to get patients back on their feet.
Intensive Care Manager: Phil Martin
Tel: 020 7908 2422
This major investment into a new ICU at The Princess Grace Hospital outlines HCA’s continued support for acute care. Other developments within the group mean that soon one in eight beds within HCA’s London Hospitals will be a critical care bed.
<< Back to Services